This Online Privacy and Security Policy (“Policy”) describes the practices of EmployeeMoney (“we,” “us,” or “our”) regarding information we collect from visitors to, and users of, the EmployeeMoney website (the “Website”). It describes what information is collected, how information is used, under what circumstances information may be disclosed to others, and the measures we employ in protecting information against unauthorized disclosure and outside intrusion. Please read this Policy closely, as it establishes your privacy and security rights with respect to such information. This Policy is effective as of January 31, 2019.
By using the Website, you acknowledge that you are of legal age in the state where you reside and have read this Policy and accept its terms. If you do not agree to the Policy after close and careful reading, you should not access or use the Website.
We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version to the Website. If we do so, we will post on a notice of change on the Website. Any modification will be effective on the effective date that appears at the top of the page of the amended Policy.
1. Information Collected Automatically: We use server log analysis tools to gather statistics from your computer, mobile phone, or other access device regarding the Website’s usage, such as the number of hits received and errors experienced and browsers and platforms used to connect to the Website. We also use browser cookies to store the authorization token of the user that is logged in. The following are examples of information about your visit that we may collect:
The above information is used to improve the content and/or functionality of the Website. For example, content from your chat session, if this is available, with a customer service representative may be collected by a cookie and used to improve our services. In addition, if you update your address or other information when using the Website, we will store those revisions so you will not have to repeat them. Stored information may also be used to auto-fill forms, which helps save time.
We do not sell or rent any information we collect automatically. We also do not share this information with third parties; provided, however, that we may share information with our affiliates or service providers in order to process any inquiries requests you make using the Website or for other everyday business purposes, including fraud prevention.
2. Information You Provide to Us: We may collect, store and use personal or financial information you provide to us. Personal information includes your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. Financial information includes the information you provide to us when inquiring about, or applying for, Workplace Loans. We may use this information for our everyday business purposes, such as to fulfill your requests or to contact you concerning a payment dispute or suspected fraud. In addition, we may share this information with our affiliates or service providers in connection with your inquiries or requests, or for other everyday business. We do not sell to third parties information you provide us, and except as described in this Policy, we do not share your information with third parties.
3. Other Potential Disclosures: As described above, we do not sell or rent information that we obtain about you to any third parties, and we only share information with our affiliates or service providers as needed to operate our business. In addition, we may disclose information that we collected, or you that submitted, about you in in response to a subpoena or court order, or in response to a request from a law enforcement or other government agency, in order to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against claims.
4. Security of Information: We maintain appropriate technical, physical, and administrative security procedures and practices (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection, and network monitoring) to protect your information against unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, use, alteration, or disclosure; and we require any service providers that may have access to your information to implement and maintain such security procedures and practices. For information we receive from individuals, our security practices comply with the federal Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, as implemented by the Safeguards Rule of the Federal Trade Commission. The Safeguards Rule requires financial institutions to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive information security program for handling customer information. Consistent with the Safeguards Rule, we consistently assess and respond to potential risks to customer information in all areas of our operations and employ up-to-date intrusion detection controls.
5. Website Access by Minors: The Website and our services are not intended for use by persons who are under 18 years old or the age of majority in the state where they reside. If we discover that a Website user is less than legal age, we will halt the registration process and eliminate that user’s information for our records.
6. Password Protection: If you establish an account relationship with EmployeeMoney (whether as an employer or as a borrower), you will be required to create a secure account password. At that time, and whenever you reset your existing password, we will send you a unique code that you must enter using the Website. From time to time, as a second layer of security, you may also receive, and be required to enter, a unique code when accessing our account using your password. These codes, and the passwords you create, are solely for our own use and cannot be passed or communicated to any third-party. You agree that you are responsible for protecting your password and security question answers against unauthorized access, and further agree that we shall have no responsibility for any harm, whether direct or indirect, that may result from your failure to do so.
7. How to Contact Us: If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us by e-mail or postal mail as follows:
2425 Commerce Drive, Suite 300 E
Duluth, GA 30096